2015 - Present
VP of Product / Lead Developer
Currently leading this startup's transition from an on-premise,
single-user solution to a multi-tenant, SaaS, cloud application;
evangelizing best practices and modern development techniques;
and breathing new life in to old UIs.
2014 - 2015 / Full-time
2015 - Present / Consultant
HelpSystems acquired Network Automation (below)
Developed and deployed an HTML5, mobile-first invoicing application in
PHP/AngularJS/MySql to facilitate an end-to-end process for online ordering and payments.
The application included a robust API allowing it to integrate with multiple, disparate
Provided guidance regarding front end user experience, SEO, and deployment for the
company's public web entities.
Implemented massive ETL processes to migrate and synchronize data between HelpSystems
and Network Automation servers throughout the acquisition process.
2005 - 2014
UI Design (Web & Windows App)
Created entire public web entity for company, including all visual design elements, technological
decisions (language/framework/server), coding, SEO decisions, optimization for user
experience & retention, and… everything else:
- Lead on-borading.
- Customer's account application (address info, license keys,
product maintenance subscriptions, etc).
- Marketing and pre-sales content: press releases, news, case studies, blog.
- Product downloads, both pre-sales and licensed products.
- Shopping cart system: processed every purchase/transaction made through the company. Responsible
not only for collecting payment, but issuing products and licenses to customers.
- Support ticketing system, front-end and back-end.
- Customer Resource Center: video tutorials, knowledgebase articles, product version history, etc.
- Channel/Partner Portal: an application to provide sales collateral, news,
lead registration, etc for resellers/VARs/strategic partners.
Built a CMS to manage public web entity content: blog posts,
video tutorials, knowledgebase, version history, press releases, case studies,
reviews & awards, webinar schedule, job postings, etc.
Served as company DBA, implementing best
practices including full normalization of existing MS SQL database. Wrote and revised countless
queries, views, and stored procedures for various organizational departments.
Inherited, managed, enhanced, and enriched existing (homegrown) corporate CRM.